Did you know…?
- Kazakhstan is the ninth largest country in the world and equals the whole of western Europe in size!
- It’s also the largest landlocked country in the world, but despite having no coastline, Kazakhstan still retains a small navy! It’s based at Aktau and operates on the Caspian Sea, employing around 3000!
- The country has been ruled by the same president, Nursultan Nazarbayev, since taking independence from the Soviet Union in 1991 – 25 years in office!
- Kazakhstan is home to the largest space launch facility in the world – it’s where British astronaut, Major Tim Peake took off for the International Space Station from last December!
- Kazakhstan shares its border with no less than five countries – can you name them? *Answers below!
- It’s believed that apples originated in Kazakhstan – historians agree they were discovered in the mountains of Central Asia 50,000 years ago, after which, the seeds were carried to other parts of the world.
- Kazakhstan has the largest steppe, or dry grassy plain in the world – it takes up one third of the country.
- Which is quite handy, because the Kazakh people love horseriding!
- There are current plans to have apartment blocks with built in ski slopes! Good a way as any to get down from the upper floors.
- It’s one of the best export destinations in the world!
When considering potential export markets, there are naturally many factors to consider, but essentially, it comes down to where your products, services or new technologies will sell. The logistics are often easier than you think, so focus on where your business could be in demand. Remember, it’s not always in the most obvious places! Which is why we’ve been busy introducing UK SMEs to Kazakhstan…
There are plenty of testimonials out there about how exports have not only transformed the growth of a business, but also secured its future – could it be time you got in touch to talk to us about exporting to Kazakhstan? Call 01935 315055 now or contact us here.
*Answers: Russia, China, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.